Thursday 7 March 2013

SIMCITY

The game that will most definitely take over my life:


It is an unfortunate dealbreaker to all PC gamers that you will need a constant internet connection in order to play SimCity. Even though it does not need moment-moment updates from Maxis' servers (so lag is not an issue), it does need to phone home in order to save, even when playing single player.

The newest and probably best feature for SimCity would be the usage of multiple cities. Even though the maps are smaller than that of previous titles, you can use different cities to create different working/living environments that can all interact and help each other. For example, if I build one city for residential, with a college, highschool, university etc,

Residential Neighbourhood 
I can create a different city in another region for blue collar work and natural resource mining/refining and garbage disposal.

Industrial Area
Then I can create a third city which could be a metropolitan urban area with a ton of commercial buildings and such. They would all work together with residents travelling to and fro via car, bus, plane, boat, train, foot, etc.

Metropolitan Area
Never the less, this game, much like most big name sandbox titles I've grown up with over the years (The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, the original SimCity) has given me a reason to build a PC for both gaming purposes and rendering (3DS Max Solid Works, C++). I'll be sure to blog about it in the near future.


If you've got a decent rig setup, enjoy strategic gaming and have somewhat of an interest in Civil Engineering, I'd advise you to pick this up. I think I've watched a combination of about 5hrs of streaming lol. I get the gist of it already, and I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment