Monday 25 March 2013

10,000 Hour Dream

I'm spreading the word to help Amit's dream become a reality. I know that my blog receives a large amount of daily traffic from a number of sources. I find it very inspiring that he has taken on such a challenge and absolutely admirable to pursue your dreams, regardless of the outcome. I truly wish him the best of luck!

It's people like this that help fuel passion in others to make a difference. 

What is 'theadream'?

"This is a story that is like no other. I am on a path to achieve what NO HUMAN EVER HAS, a remarkable feat that will change the world. This project is one that will demonstrate the progress of becoming an overnight success, after 10,000 hours. It will show that success is not a result of natural talent, success is a result of hard work, effort and determination. 

Everybody has a dream. A driving passion, an obsessive devotion, a burning desire. 'theadream' symbolises the building of these dreams and in doing so, it aims to inspire and motivate people in all walks of life to follow and pursue their dreams...that anything is possible. Watch the video that will explain everything. 



Hard work > Natural talent 

"Hard work will always overcome natural talent when natural talent doesn't work hard enough"

"We have all heard this quote in one form or another. This topic is even frequently debated. I am a strong believe that success is not a result of being naturally talented. Success is a result of hard work, determination and effort. 

Similarly, there is a Dr. Ericsson, from the U.S., who supports this idea. His idea is that it requires an average of 10,000 hours of 'direct practice' in order to be classified in the elite level of the said field of practice."

My Dream

"It also happens to be that my dream is to play professional football (soccer). I decided to put the two together, and complete these 10,000 hours of direct practice over a span of 6 years. That's 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, 6 years straight. Upon the discovery of this theory, I have gone and quit my job, reduced my university hours and have been working very hard to make this larger than life project happen. After having faced many rejections, failed many trials, missed many goals, and suffered many injuries, I am still hungry to achieve my dream, even more so than before actually." 



How is it going to work? 

"I have managed to obtain the support from a gym franchise and a football academy on board with this project. Along with that, the help of an experienced personal trainer. They are all working together to create the day-to-day plan and find the right balance of training so my body does not over-train and destroy itself by overworking. The training will consist of anything and everything that is required to become a professional footballer such as the football aspect, the strength/conditioning aspect, the nutritional/diet aspect and even the rehab/stretch aspect. 

I am releasing a website in the form of a journal/blog that will include blog posts, video logs, etc. The purpose of this project is not my 10,000 hours. It is to emphasise that belief that anything is possible, as long as you are willing to work for it. No dream is too big or too small and the only limits are those that you put on yourself."

When will this start

"The start of something remarkable and world changing begins on April 1 (Sydney, Australia) start."

How can you help? 

"This is a project that really means a lot to me and something I wish to see others following the notion of hard work.. At the moment I am trying to gain exposure and sponsorship, as this will be like a full time job for myself. It just takes 4 simple steps for you to help me and change my life:" 


  1. Go to the Facebook Group HERE
  2. Like/Share it!
  3. Go to the Official Facebook Page HERE
  4. Like/Share it!

List Of Links

No comments:

Post a Comment